Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Traumhochzeit

Yesterday night I went to an Indian wedding for the first time. It was awesome. The venue and food were incredible. Before going to the wedding I visited Mukta at her house and borrowed some clothes. The way to Mukta's house was in itself an adventure because it is pretty far from the hospital. To get there, we took a bus. This was also my first time taking the bus. Trust me, it was so much better having Mukta with me. Obviously, people will stare anyway but in buses especially I feel like I am invading people's place as a foreigner. Having somebody from here who can guide me through gave me much more confidence and acceptance from the other passengers.

I also saw for the first time a bunch of cows on the street taking a walk in the middle of the road. Noida is pretty far from the center of Delhi and I think this is why there even are cows on the road. I did not see them anywhere else besides there.

No comments:

Post a Comment