Monday, July 9, 2012

Frustration

Today I realized for the first time that things are getting repetitive to an extent that I don't really benefit from them anymore. I liked doing everything twice at the hospital because I always felt that I didn't get everything I could out of it the first time. But now, that feeling has changed. I came to India to explore Vimhans' relationship to the environment but there is really no relationship and definitely nobody who I could talk to about this. And again I am on my on, trying to find things which I don't know that I am looking for. I have not found anybody who thinks that the environment can be used as a medium to heal people. I know that I might not be looking at the right places but I hoped for at least somebody who would want to explore that topic a little with me together. Concluding: there is nobody at MHC who could really guide me or work with me, neither is there anybody here who could help me and I am too lost to do it myself. I have come to the realization that the topic was created in my head and I have not gained enough background knowledge to put anything together or at least look at the right places. This is where a mentor comes in, somebody who helps you move in the right direction and look at the right places but if that's missing, it's almost impossible to make up for it. So my question is, should we then only pursue stable, solid and already existing research topics that can be supported by somebody. Maybe this is what I should have done instead of following my interest.

 I have to admit that I am also getting a little frustrated with my further planning. Where to go, what to look for, who to go with, how to manage to go to places I would like to see... As a female traveling by myself in a country that I don't know is really not easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment