Sunday, July 8, 2012

Food is too good, I am gaining weight!





I have never eaten food that I didn't like here. Everywhere, at the place I am staying, at my friends' house and even at the hospital I always get to eat awesome food. I am definitely not complaining because I think it is worth gaining a little bit of weight when I can experience amazing food. In India, I have also never met a person who doesn't consider good food as very important. Everybody is a "Foodie." I am not used to it because my mom and my sister for example do not really care about food that much. They say, it only has to fill their stomach, everything else is not important. This is why they don't put as much thought and effort into cooking. It has to be healthy and eatable but it does not have to be amazing, here it HAS to be amazing. The time that is put into cooking is also much longer than what I have seen at home. All the dishes cooked here take much longer and require much more effort. My favorite thus far is Paneer Curry but I also love Paan, Momos and Dhokla!


No comments:

Post a Comment