Friday, July 20, 2012

Almost Last Day

Have you ever heard of the expression, "you should stop when it is the best." I don't know if people say it in English but in German that's what people say a lot.

Today was my official last day and I am feeling as if I still want to do so much more. This is the time when a million things come up. I want to speak to this patient, talk to those doctors, attend that lecture and visit this and the other place. This is how it always goes for me, when I start feeling comfortable I have to leave. Do I feel comfortable because I am leaving or have I really become comfortable? I know for me, it always takes time to adjust to a place and to truly appreciate it but I also always feel sad when it gets over so I why can't I enjoy it from the beginning? Now I feel I have wasted time and I want more time to make up for it.

Anyhow, I have become pretty close to a patient and there is so much more I want to talk about and do with the patient. This is why I will be coming back to the hospital tomorrow, on Sunday and on Monday morning. I hopefully will leave on Monday night to Dharamshala, this is my next destination. I hope there I can get closer to what I am looking for. I am talking to a doctor there too so I hope I will be able to get a look at a mental hospital there. We will see how they differ if I can get to see it. But before that I am going back to the Gnositc Center tomorrow so let's see what else they can teach me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment