Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bangala Sahib Gurudawara and Lotus Temple




Today I went to explore some temples. First we went to the Bangala Sahib Gurudawara and I learned about Sikhism. Then we went to a Catholic Church which is pretty familiar to me. And lastly, we went to the Lotus Temple and I learned something about the Bahai Faith. I really have to admit that I enjoy temples much more than churches. I learn so many things that I didn't know before. In particular in the Gurudawara I felt very comfortable. I like the idea of sitting on the floor and for not having an hour long mass. You can go as long as you want and pray what you want. When we went to the Catholic Church we got caught up in mass and I really had a hard time enjoying it. It was really hot even in the church, we had to constantly stand, sit, get down on our knees, sing and pray together. I felt as if this was work and not at all relaxing. In most of the temples I feel a little more relaxed. I can sit on the floor, sometimes listen to people sing and enjoy the atmosphere as long as I want and the way I want.   

No comments:

Post a Comment