Wednesday, May 23, 2012

All Stares on You

There is one rather negative aspect that I want to talk about. I am in India basically by myself but I like to go out and explore. However, I have to admit that I don't feel very comfortable going out by myself and explore. I have been told before I left that there will be a lot of stares and that I should just ignore but I had no idea how powerful those stares can be. First, it seems that there are mostly men out there, which makes me stand out even more. Second, because the season is over or has not started yet in Delhi, there are no tourists. So whenever I go out I stand out for being the only white girl walking around. I hope this will change and I will get a little more brave. Right now, I feel very restricted. Therefore, I would really recommend when you go to a different country that you don't know a lot about, you should always take another person with you. I think I would be so much better off if I had another person with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment