Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Good Day

Yesterday I didn't have internet so my last post was for yesterday and this one is for today. One thing that I have to get used to is that sometimes there will be no internet and it might stay away for a few days, according to the people I am staying with. Another thing that strikes me here is the fact that the power goes off suddenly and the people continue functioning as if nothing ever happened. For example, we are sitting in a huge lecture room full of people and the power goes off. The professor keeps lecturing and the students continue to ask questions; not a big deal, it's just dark. Same thing in the mall today, I am walking through the mall and then all of a sudden the lights go off but everybody acts as if nothing has happened and continues walking.

Today, I was taking to the mall by the other interns. This was the total opposed from the market yesterday. The people, the stores, the clothes and the prices were completely different. I have been to a lot of different malls in a lot of different countries and they all look exactly the same. I definitely prefer the market yesterday much more than today's mall. But I have to admit that I also definitely did not mind the air-conditioning. I think for the first time for a long time my body has totally cooled off. I don't think I have needed it badly but it was nice.

It was also the first day that I took some pictures. I feel uncomfortable walking around and taking pictures by myself even though I would totally love to. I don't know what and who I can photograph and who might feel disturbed by it. I started small and took some pictures of my room and of my friends at VIMHANS. I hope you like  them.

No comments:

Post a Comment