Wednesday, May 23, 2012

First Impressions

Before I came to Delhi when I asked people what they think about the city they often said, "a lot of people." And that's right so many people everywhere. And when you have a closer look you can see how different they are. Yesterday I went for a lunch meeting with the woman I am staying  with and her friends. We went to this country club that she is a member of. It's called Delhi Gymkhana Club. On the way there we passed hundreds of people lying on the ground sleeping, hanging out and basically living there. By the time we got on the country club territory, there was a totally different picture, totally different people and a totally different atmosphere. This discrepancy is astonishing and I am not sure what to think about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment