Friday, May 18, 2012

Getting Ready for Departure

I have to admit that the preparation for this trip is much more work and money than I thought it would be. Multiple vaccinations that are not covered by my insurance but are all totally necessary,which I had to pay for 160 Euro. I also had to buy a mosquito net and insect repellent, which I spend 50 Euro on. In addition, I had to pay for an advisory session with my doctor who had to tell me what vaccinations and medication I need.

But the most important vaccination I didn’t get, which is against rabies. My doctor scared me. He said that the probability to get bit is pretty possible and if I do get bit then I will have to go back as soon as possible if I don’t I will die. So I thought that’s pretty scary. In order to get this vaccination I would have needed the first injection three weeks ago but I didn’t think about this stuff back then so now I am screwed. Then, the doctor advised me to get insurance in case something happens and I have to fly back immediately or for my possible hospitalization that will then be covered. This was another 140 Euro.
Without all that stuff would I survive in India…? Probably yes but it makes my parents feel better so why not.
Whoever says India is pretty cheap only the flight is expensive should think again!

No comments:

Post a Comment