Tuesday, August 28, 2012

That's it. India adventure is officially over!



I just arrived in Delhi. Departure was a little sad but I think I was ready to return home. I arrived in Delhi at 6 am. I am currently hanging out a McDonald’s and waiting for the Air India Office to open near the airport so I can sort out my flight issues. Air India was definitely not a good idea. Air India was striking when I was leaving which caused me a lot of problems and they are still or again striking, which is causing me lots of problems again.

My flight got cancelled and it has not been rescheduled. After countless hours on the phone and day after day in the internet cafĂ© I was able to find out that there is only one flight leaving from Delhi to Frankfurt per day and all of those flights are closed until September 11th. This means I will either spend two uncomfortable weeks at the airport waiting for a flight or I go personally to the Air India Reservation Office and occupy the place until they give me another flight. This is what I was advised to do anyway. I can’t do anything over the phone, I have to physically show up there and beg. Obviously, if I would have been able to wait in Dharamschala until I am sure I can fly out, I would have done that. But no chance, I have to come to Delhi in person.

I am not entirely sure what exactly the conditions for Air India workers are and I am sure they have their reasons for those strikes. Therefore, at some level I do empathize but at the end I am screwed and because human beings are naturally selfish, I am pissed at Air India. Air India sucks.

Anyway, last days in Dharamshala were rainy like the other 30 days I was there. I probably should not have gone during monsoon season. At the Delhi Airport, I will have lots of time to hang out my stuff to have them dry. As a whole, the internship was a success. The Iyengar yoga course was awesome, I learned a lot at Tushita and I received an official certificate for my future massage profession, what else do I want?

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment